Janet Strickland of Chicago was charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of armed robbery with a firearm after her husband was fatally shot in the gangway near his home on the Far South Side while on his way to dialysis, police said. William Strickland, 72, was shot six times in the back on March 2 while on his way to dialysis treatment in what police suspected to be a robbery.
Janet Strickland allegedly commissioned her grandson to kill her husband, and watched as he did so before stealing a casino bag with money in it as her husband lied shot on the street, according to the Sun-Times.
Janet Strickland reportedly used the stolen money to take her grandson on a shopping spree. The 19-year-old grandson, also named William Strickland, was held without bond March 30 in connection with the murder and admitted in court to stealing his grandfather’s gun and committing the crime. He also said he used money from his grandfather’s wallet to purchase tattoos, new shoes, a cell phone and other items.
Read more [bossip]
- Westboro Baptist Church to Target Roger Ebert Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Home Opener Today, Spring Is Here!
- Tom Joyner Breaking News: Former UK Prime Minister Margart Thatcher Has Died!
- Yikes!! Grandama Pays Grandson To Kill Grandfather!
- Kelly Rowland & Beyonce Beef?
- The Drama Continues, Kordell Puts Porcha Out!
- Access Cleveland Podcast: Writer/Director/Producer Charles Murray Talks About “Things Never Said”