Let’s look at some of the claims of the electronic cigarette:
- Contains zero tar, tobacco, carbon monoxide, or ash.
- Delivers the same amount of nicotine as real cigarettes.
- Can be used in bars, airports, restaurants.
- Each cartridge costs less than $2 and is equivalent to an entire pack of cigarettes.
- Average user can save over $1,000 each year.
- You won’t “smell” like a smoker any longer.
- Emits harmless water vapor. No second-hand smoke.
We looked to expert medical doctors and product users and found out what they had to say about electronic cigarettes, and the results were surprising. Joel Niztkin, Chair of the Tobacco Control Task Force for the American Association of Public Health Physicians concluded that “…if we get all tobacco smokers to switch from regular cigarettes to electronic cigarettes, we would eventually reduce the US death toll from more than 400,000 a year to less than 4,000, maybe as low as 400.” (1)
Doctors have even claimed that with electronic cigarettes, there is nearly no risk of getting cancer. These claims come from studies concluding that nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine. The real harm from traditional cigarettes come from the tobacco smoke and the thousands of chemicals and additives put in there by tobacco companies.
Four very well known doctors, from the popular TV show “The Doctors”, also studied the electronic cigarette and it was even featured as one of their top 10 key health trends.