SANDUSKY, Ohio – Travel Channel fans voted and Cedar Point tops the list of best amusement parks in America.
Fans were asked for their favorite water, amusement and theme park picks and Cedar Point came in at No. 1.
One reader, Alicia Goettemoeller, described the park as an “adrenaline junkie’s paradise,” while another reader, Nick Schuyler, says the amusement park is “built for grown-up kids.”
Two other Cedar Fair properties also made the list including King’s Island in Mason, Ohio and Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, Calif.
The Travel Channel’s list of the top 10 amusement parks include:
1) Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
2) Knoebels, Elysburg, Penn.
3) Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
4) Schlitterbahn Water Park, New Bruanfels, Texas
5) Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Fla.
6) Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, Calif.
7) King’s Island, Mason, Ohio
8) Dells Water Parks, Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
9) Hersheypark, Hershey, Pa.
10) Knott’s Berry Farm, Buena Park, Calif.