Carol Gray, her head wrapped in a black scarf and her tearful eyes concealed by sunglasses, held up a photograph of her 16-year-old son, who was shot and killed by police.
The picture revealed a grinning boy wearing a blue cap and gown, his arms wrapped around his mother. It was taken the day he graduated from middle school.
“He was slaughtered,” Gray told a room filled with reporters. “And I want to know why.”
Gray held a sorrowful press conference on Thursday to talk about her son, Kimani Gray, the kid nicknamed Kiki, who died on Saturday night after being shot seven times by two police officers. Police say the plainclothes officers opened fire after Gray pointed a gun at them.
A .38-caliber revolver purchased in Florida was recovered from the scene.
Gray was killed in front of his best friend’s house as he left a Sweet 16 birthday party, said his grieving mother, who doesn’t believe he could have pointed a gun at police.
“Today was very hard,” she said, and paused for a long moment before she was able to finish the sentence. “I had to choose the color of the casket that I wanted.” Read On
- Tom Joyner News: Toddler Ate Condom Found At McDonald’s
- Tom Joyner News: Mom of NYC Teen Shot by Police: Why was He Killed?
- Tom Joyner News: Lil Wayne Hospitalized in LA with ‘Multiple Seizures’!
- New Ways to Make Your Love Last…
- Is An Age Gap Even Relevant?
- In Sickness and in Wealth: Are Prenups Even Necessary Today?
- $4.5 Million Settlement Awarded To Family Of Chicago Woman Slain By Police [VIDEO]
- Check Out Some of the Folks on Deion Sanders’ Show! [VIDEO]