By Smitten, Glamour Magazine
Despite the unfortunate rise of the cougar phenomenon (not that dating younger men is unfortunate, just the use of the term cougar), it seems as a society, we’re still more into May-December relations when the guy is the December. Or is it the May? I’m not sure I actually know what that expression is supposed to mean.
But what I’m trying to say is, more people still think that a romantic relationship is ideal when it’s between an older man and a younger woman. Specifically, four years and four months older, which was the average “ideal” age gap as reported by a survey of 2,000 adults.
While slightly less than half of people said there was no ideal age gap (good call, sensible people), 33% of women wanted a guy up to seven years older than them, while only one out of a hundred women preferred a younger man.
Not that I have anything against dating older guys, but here’s some afternoon uggghhh: Financial stability was one of the biggest reasons women cited for preferring older dudes, since 55% of women said they couldn’t afford rent or mortgages on their own. Thanks, wage gap!
- Tom Joyner News: Toddler Ate Condom Found At McDonald’s
- Tom Joyner News: Mom of NYC Teen Shot by Police: Why was He Killed?
- Tom Joyner News: Lil Wayne Hospitalized in LA with ‘Multiple Seizures’!
- New Ways to Make Your Love Last…
- Is An Age Gap Even Relevant?
- In Sickness and in Wealth: Are Prenups Even Necessary Today?
- $4.5 Million Settlement Awarded To Family Of Chicago Woman Slain By Police [VIDEO]
- Check Out Some of the Folks on Deion Sanders’ Show! [VIDEO]