BROOK PARK, Ohio – Leslie Riggins is constantly asked whether his employer of 40 years is hiring. Now, he can say “Yes.”
Ford is expected to announce Thursday morning that its moving production of the four-cylinder, two-Liter EcoBoost engine from Spain to the Cleveland Engine Plant in Brook Park, where Riggins currently works.
“I think it’s great,” he said. “I think it’s great. I’ve got a lot of people that’s unemployed that hopefully one or two or more can get in there.”
The $200 million investment will mean 450 new jobs at Brook Park.
Ford retiree George White said he knew this day was coming when Ford went to the EcoBoost engine, which he said is very popular right now.
“I’m due for a new truck,” he said. “Maybe they’ll give me one for my retirement.”
Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Upcoming-Ford-announcement-will-mean-450-new-jobs-at-Brook-Park-plant#ixzz2LX6q1iPP
- Tom Joyner News: Is Mary J. Blige Facing Eviction?
- More Traffic Cameras For Cleveland Drivers!
- Tom Joyner News: Jesse Jackson Jr. Pleads Guilty in Scheme to Spend $750K in Campaign Funds!
- Tom Joyner News: Lou Myers, Mr. Gaines on ‘A Different World,’ Dies!
- Tom Joyner News: We’ll Look At The New Black Barbie!