Chris Dorner, an ex-LAPD cop who is charged in the murder of a Riverside officer and suspected of killing an Irvine couple, was caught on video shopping at a sporting goods store in southern California two days before the murders took place, TMZ reports.
Dorner went to Sports Chalet, a sporing goods store in Torrance, Calif., on Feb. 1. He is shown in the video carrying two small scuba tanks. TMZ reports that sources told them he got the tanks refilled with oxygen.
The U.S. Marshals, according to TMZ, got the video from Sports Chalet.
He is shown in the video carrying the two scuba tanks, along with a large black scuba tank, to the counter where he is shown paying for the items. Dorner, a member of the Marine undersea warfare unit, then leaves.
Watch video of Dorner shopping for scuba gear
He arrived at the store at 9:21 p.m. and leaves at 9:38 p.m. The bodies of the first victims were found Feb. 3, just 48 hours after Dorner purchased the scuba gear. TMZ also reports that the ex-cop tried to steal a boat in San Diego on Feb. 6, but the attempt was unsuccessful.
Law enforcement officials confirmed to TMZ that the man in the video is, indeed, Dorner. They say it is very significant because it “shows what he was up to.”
- New Study Reveals Women Lie About Partner’s Romance
- Tom Joyner News: Beyoncé Covers Vogues Opens Up About Childbirth and More
- Tom Joyner: Michelle Obama’s Quiet Mourning of Slain Teen, Hadiya Pendleton
- Top 4 Reasons Why the Grammys Are Infinitely Better Without T&A
- Top 10 Things You May Not Know About Whitney Houston