SANFORD, Fla.— The murder trial for the Florida man charged in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin remains set for a June start after a judge Tuesday denied a defense request for a postponement.
George Zimmerman‘s lead attorney Mark O’Mara presented a motion to have the trial pushed back to November. He argued that prosecutors had been slow to turn over needed evidence.
State attorney Bernie de la Rionda denied the accusation the prosecution had been dragging its feet and said it was rather a case of the defense using inefficient means to secure the information it wanted.
Read more at blackamericaweb.com
- OMG! Couple Shot And Killed By Neighbor Over Dog Poop!
- She’s On Fire! Alicia Keys Set To Perform During The 2013 NBA All Star Game Half Time Show!
- Tom joyner News: Ms. Braxton Talks About Her Family, Love and Working It All Out!
- Tom Joyner News: Small Tsunami Hits Solomons!
- Tom Joyner News: Make the Grade or Starve: Lawmaker Ties Welfare Benefits to School Performance!