With an ever growing problem of debt in this country, it is vital for us as parents to break this vicious cycle. We need to take the time to teach our children just how important money is and how they need to use it. If you want your children to be financially independent as adults, then there are vital lessons they should learn growing up. Here are some tips in how to teach kids the importance of money.
Introduce money at a young age- As soon as a child can count, then they should be introduced to money. It may be as easy as just telling them what money is and what we do with it. Answer any questions they may have about money. Children definitely learn by observation and repetition. These are great ways for your children to grasp anything you are teaching them.
Talk about money- Every time money is involved, you have a great opportunity to teach your children the values of money and how to use it. Don’t overwhelm them by always talking about money, but make sure that you portray the importance of it and teach them the wisdom that you have learned throughout the years so they will less likely make your mistakes. Every time you purchase something at the store, invest, or donate, this can be an opportune time to teach your children something about your values.
More $$ Tips for your kids..
- OMG! Couple Shot And Killed By Neighbor Over Dog Poop!
- She’s On Fire! Alicia Keys Set To Perform During The 2013 NBA All Star Game Half Time Show!
- Tom joyner News: Ms. Braxton Talks About Her Family, Love and Working It All Out!
- Tom Joyner News: Small Tsunami Hits Solomons!
- Tom Joyner News: Make the Grade or Starve: Lawmaker Ties Welfare Benefits to School Performance!