CLEVELAND – Cleveland firefighters evacuated the Hanna Building after a fire started in the electrical vault.
Larry Gray, PIO for Cleveland fire, said crews were called out around 1:30 p.m. to battle the small blaze.
The building was evacuated and the power was shut off immediately.
“The smoke went outside the building so that’s great news, so no damage inside the building,” said Tom Einhouse, Vice President of Facilities for Playhouse Square.
“We anticipate getting the building back on line very quickly, the evacuation went very orderly,” he said.
Around 200 people watched and waited for the okay to go back in and get their belongings. Power was shut down to the entire building while the transformer involved is isolated.