Fantasia isn’t a gospel artist but it’s well known that the singer grew up in the church. So it’s fitting that the “American Idol” winner would be one of the performers at the official Super Bowl Gospel concert, taking place at New Orleans’ Lakefront Arena on Friday, February 1st.
She will join Sherry Shepherd, Kirk Franklin, Pastor Marvin Winans, the NFL Players Choir, Donnie McClurkin, Bishop Paul S. Morton and Lecrae, who will be the featured performers at the officially sanctioned Super Bowl gospel show.
In the 14 years the show has taken place prior to the Super Bowl, local and national charities have been awarded over $400,000 from show proceeds. The show will be taped in front of a live audience for future broadcast in syndication.
This year’s Super Bowl will be broadcast live from the New Orleans Superdome on Sunday, February 3 starting at 6:30 p.m. The Baltimore Ravens will face the San Francisco 49’ers and Beyonce will perform at the halftime show.
- The Unsung (Documentary) – The Ohio Players [FULL VIDEO]
- Chris Brown Involved In Fight With Another Grammy Nominee [DETAILS Revealed]
- Nene Leakes Enjoys SEXY Strippers To Celebrate Her Re-Marriage To Greg! [Video]
- Cissy Houston Talks Bobby, Drugs, Whitney’s BFF Robyn to Oprah (SNEAK PEEK)
- Tom Joyner News: What’s Next for Michelle Obama?