Elisabeth Hasselbeck had a somewhat bizarre reaction to the controversy surrounding Beyonce allegedly lip-syncing the National Anthem on Inauguration Day.
Speaking on Wednesday’s “View,” Hasselbeck charged, “I think that the National Anthem unfortunately in this country right now has become a spectator sport. And I think that’s wrong.”
She continued, “You go to another nation, they are singing their national anthem. [My husband] Tim used to play [football] in Germany. Not one person in the stadium there was not singing thier country’s song. I think whether it’s ‘My Country Tis Of Thee,’ ‘God Bless America,’ our National Anthem—even if you sound kind of crappy, just sing it!”
Speaking to the audience, Hasselbeck said, “Unless you’re all singing with her, you shouldn’t say anything because we should sing that anthem. You should sing whether you sing it poorly or not.”
Article Courtesy of The Huffington Post
Picture Courtesy of ABC and The Huffington Post
- NATIONAL: Katie Couric Speaks Out on Manti Te’o Interview
- LOCAL: New Downtown Cleveland Apartment Complex Now Pre-Leasing 85 Units!
- What’s Hot On WZAKCleveland.com News
- LOCAL: New Restaurants Popping Up in Downtown Cleveland
- NATIONAL: Manti Te’o Releases Voicemails of Supposed Girlfriend