Wonder of wonders, science is now suggesting that my best friend Julie’s definition of sexlove has been proven! The way to a man’s heart is through his peen! Maybe you already knew that, or maybe you didn’t and this is terrible advice because you’re going to start sleeping with a dude purely in the hopes of making him fall in love with you, but don’t try this at home, friends.
After studying love and libido for over a decade, a professor of psychology at Concordia University in Montreal has come to the conclusion that sex can indeed lead to love thanks to the goings-on of the brain’s insular cortex (a.k.a. insula) and the striatum, which is located in the forebrain and receives signals from the cortex. Are you sleeping yet? OK, so sexual activity and love both activate the striatum in different areas–sex provokes the ventrial “rewards” area while love stimulates the dorsal area, which is also affected by drug addiction. (See? Ke$ha was right when she said “your love is my drug!” Although, umm, less so when she got that lip tattoo.)
More importantly there’s also an overlap in the insula, which translates emotional feelings into meaning; specifically, when you feel pleasure or tenderness during sex, it can become a deeper, everyday feeling. The professor, Jim Pfaus, adds: “Even love at first sight, can it happen? Of course it can happen. And when it does happen, do you want to play Scrabble with each other? When it happens, you normally want to consummate it.” I prefer a passionate, wanton game of Words With Friends, actually.
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?