Who’s excited right now? If the release of “Destiny Fulfilled” eight years ago signified the end of your favorite girl group, you’re in luck—somewhat. Matthew Knowles has announced that not just one, but two new albums are coming from the ladies with a few of their biggest hits and some tracks no one has ever heard.
Naturally, when you talk new music people immediately jump to the possibility of a tour, but Bey’s daddy says they’re not quite there yet.
“It takes a year of planning to do these tours, but first it starts with the artist wanting to do it. And I think the ladies are still working happily in their solo careers,” he said adding, “I hope in the next five years that there is a reunion tour. I think it would be incredible.”
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities
When I read that I instantly thought of two things: Beyonce playing “Lose My Breath,” asking if the girls can keep up with her, and that time Michelle Williams fell on “106 & Park.” Bey has taken a stumble on stage before but her performance level has evolved so much since she left Destiny’s Child that I can’t even imagine what a group effort would look like. It’s not like she wasn’t the forerunner back then too though. Still, Matt says getting the girls to agree to the tour would be the least of their worries.
“The hardest thing would be choosing which songs they’re going to do, because we would want to mix it up with solo hits and Destiny’s Child hits. We would have to throw away some #1′s from off the set list.”
Mmmhhmmm. I’ll believe it when I see it. Will you check out DC’s new albums this fall? What about a reunion tour, can you see that happening? via MADAME NOIRE
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?