A sad reminder that life is short. The owner of an Akron restaurant where President Obama had breakfast Friday morning died of an apparent heart attack just hours later.
70 year old Josephine “Ann” Harris, (seen below) hugged Obama when he stopped at her family’s restaurant, Ann’s Place, on the second day of his Ohio-Pennsylvania bus tour.
Obama phoned Wilma Parsons, Harris’ daughter, from Air Force One on his way back to Washington from his last campaign bus stop in Pittsburgh.
“The president expressed his sorrow and his condolences,” White House press secretary Jay Carney said. “He was honored to meet her this morning and passed on his feelings that the whole family is in his thoughts and prayers today.”
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?