CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –
The former Fairview Park High School principal who admitted to theft in office learned his fate on Monday morning.
Kevin Liptrap was spared prison, and sentenced to 90 days in halfway house.
Between June 14, 2006, and October 1, 2010, Liptrap stole money from the Fairview Park School system while he was employed as the Athletic Director and continued to steal money when he became Principal of the High School.
An audit revealed that Liptrap stole approximately $63,000 from the school. He resigned in October 2010 after he was informed of the investigation into the diverted funds.
On May 14, Liptrap pleaded guilty to one count of theft in office. As a part of his plea agreement, Liptrap was ordered to pay $122,142.12 in restitution.
The Fairview Park School system will get $63,000 and the balance will go to cover the costs associated with the audit.
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
- Jump The Broom: Meagan Good & DeVon Franklin Wed In Malibu!
- Usher – Lemme See [MUSIC VIDEO]
- Tone Loc Collapses on Stage!
- Baby Dies After Dad Fills Bottle With Vodka
- Marsha Ambrosius In The Studio New Album
- 3 Men, 78 Kids, 46 Baby Mamas, No Child Support
- R&B star R. Kelly owes nearly $5M in back taxs, IRS says!
- Mary J. Blige Hits The Big Screen In ‘Rock Of Ages’!
- POLITICS: Reporter Heckles, Interrupts President Obama During Speech
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities