Donna Summer — the Queen of Disco — died this morning after a battle with cancer … TMZ has learned.
We’re told Summer was in Florida at the time of her death. She was 63-years-old.
Summer was a 5-time Grammy winner who shot to superstardom in the ’70s with iconic hits like “Last Dance,” “Hot Stuff” and “Bad Girls.”
She continued her dominance in the ’80s with “She Works Hard for the Money” and “This Time I Know It’s for Real.”
Summer and her producer Giorgio Moroder defined the dance music era of the ’70s and influenced acts like Duran Duran and David Bowie to enter the genre.
Summer married Brooklyn Dreams singer Bruce Sudano back in 1980. They had two daughters together.
Donna Summer , R.I.P. , listen to the best from Donna and sign the e-card by leaving your comments below.
LIKE WZAK On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Fave Black Celebs!
- Jennifer Lopez Tops Forbes “Celebrity 100″ List!
- Tom Joyner News: From Homeless to Hollywood!
- INTERVIEW: Pastor Marvin Winans carjacked and robbed in Detroit VIDEO
- Tom Joyner News: Can You Feel It? The Jackson Are coming To Town!
- Tom Joyner News: More Than an Icon, Brown Was a D.C. Institution!