Martin Lawrence isn’t laughing today.
The Bad Boys star and wife Shamicka Lawrence (née Gibbs) are getting divorced after 17 years together.
Maybe marriage just wasn’t a good look for the looooooongtime couple. WHY do we say that?
Martin and Shamicka were together for 15 years before tying the knot at their Beverly Hills home in 2010.
Lawrence, 47, and Gibbs, 37, exchanged Christian vows in the backyard in front of 120 guests, including Eddie Murphy and Barry Bonds. Their daughters Amara, 9, and Iyana, 11, and Lawrence’s daughter Jasmine, 16, from a previous marriage wereflower girls.
“Out of love and respect for one another we will continue to remain friends and raise our two beautiful daughters together,” they said in a statement.
This was Lawrence’s second marriage. He also has a daughter with ex-wife Patricia, who’s now married to NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith.
The funnyman recently shot a sitcom pilot for CBS and wrapped a national stand-up tour.
- George Zimmerman Stops Begging, Shuts Down Donation Website
- Deion Sanders Charged With Assault
- TLC: “We’re Resurrecting Left Eye For Reunion Tour”
- Jennifer Hudson Leaves Courtroom To Avoid Gruesome Crime Scene Photos
- Beyonce’s “Most Beautiful Woman” Creates Racial Firestorm!