FLOTUS, Michelle Obama speaks out on the Trayvon Martin tragedy, saying that her “heart goes out to the parents” of the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman.
In an interview with NPR, the First Lady explained that all parents understand the tragedy of that kind of loss. Mrs. Obama goes on to say that it’s important “not to lose sight of the fact that this is a family that’s grieving and there’s been a tremendous loss. We all have to rally around that piece of it.”
I personally feel as though the passion for Trayvon Martin is slowly fading. Justice still hasn’t been 100% served. Yes, Zimmerman is in custody and has been officially charged with second degree murder, but no, he has not yet been convicted. We should all still be gripping our passion for this young man and his family and continue to fight for justice. And like our FLOTUS says, we should rally around the fact that there’s been a significant loss.
Like HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Trayvon Martin Tragedy.
- Michelle Obama’s “Heart Goes Out” To Trayvon Martin’s Parents
- Is Oprah Winfrey marrying for ratings?
- Red “Power Panties”… Your Career-Boosting Secret?
- Are Black Women Just A Fetish? Chester French Releases “Black Girls” [VIDEO]
- 5 Reasons Your Guy and Friends Hate Each Other
Join the conversation and comment below and like us on Facebook!