R & B singer Joe is building an ambitious plan to lure New York‘s young troublemakers from the temptations of picking up a pistol, using music as the bait. The 39-year-old crooner, who released his album “The Good, The Bad, The Sexy” on Tuesday, said he’s giving out guitars to youths in hopes learning to play the instrument will soak up energy normally used for fighting.
“Someone really has to take a stand. Things have really gotten out of hand. I want to take these kids under my wing and show them a different lifestyle,” Joe – a.k.a. Joe Thomas – told the Daily News.
“Music is very powerful.”
Most Popular Articles
- Toni Braxton Got A Man??? You Won’t Believe Who’s She’s Dating!
- Toni Braxton Is Officially A Cougar!!! Guess Who She’s Dating!
- Janet Jackson Stuns For “Blackglama” Photoshoot [PHOTOS]
- EXCLUSIVE: Adina Howard’s Wedding Story: “Freak Like Me” To Wife! [PHOTOS]
- Pastor’s Ministry Of The Month
- Six people have been shot at an off-campus party near the University of Akron.
- Things Heat Up Between Luther Campbell and Daughter
- Keyshia Cole Celebrates 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 8 killed in Southern California salon shooting
- Fab Or Fug? Raven Symone Rocking Natural Afro! [PHOTOS]