Bank of America will cut 3,500 of its approximately 300,000 positions by the end of September. The total number of cuts has not been determined but one person familiar with the situation said at least 10,000 jobs are likely to be eliminated.
The bank is grappling with its $1 trillion problem-loan portfolio and growing economic concerns.
Bank of America had around 280,000 employees at the start of 2011, according to its annual report.
Do you think this means higher fees?
- [VIRAL VIDEO] FIGHT!!! Georgetown Basketball Team Brawl With Chinese Team, Who Won?
- Feds Bust Iraqi-Mexican Drug Operation In California
- Daily Devotional: Let Us Worship
- Quick & Cheap Healthy Meals For Your Family
- Hott Or Not? Kelly Rowland And Nicki Minaj In Giuseppe Zanotti Wedge Boots
- Are Black Leaders Afraid To Criticize POTUS In Fear Of African-American Voter Backlash?
- Nivea Apologizes For Racist “Re-Civilize Yourself” Afro Ad
- [ione-gallery id=”313927″ src=”http://newsone.com”%5D