As President Obama celebrates his 50th birthday , here are ten things you may not know about our first Black president.
1) He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics
2) He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his skill at basketball
3) His name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili
4) His favorite meal is wife Michelle’s shrimp linguini
5) He can bench press an impressive 200lbs
6) He can speak Spanish
7) He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can’t stand ice cream
9) He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali
10) He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.